This post covers two topics:
- How you how to make a detoxing drink which will also lower blood pressure and increase your energy
- Why is apple cider vinegar (ACV) so beneficial to have regularly for your digestive health and much more. I bet you’ll be surprised learning about less commonly known but super important benefits and uses of ACV!
Also included is my FREE Better Sleep download: Top 3 Nutrition Tips For Better Sleep Tonight! Key nutrition tips for insomnia PLUS my top 3 bedtime snacks for deeper and restful sleep. Enjoy!
Apple cider vinegar and raw honey tonic recipe
Apple cider vinegar and honey each have many healing properties and when combined, the benefits are even greater (read about apple cider benefits and uses below).
They are rich in potassium which regulates heartbeat and muscle contraction and thus normalises blood pressure. Both ingredients improve digestion, support friendly gut flora, improve energy and stamina and have a gentle cleansing effect.
This healthy and tasty drink is super easy to make and it takes little time to prepare when you have the ingredients handy.
- 1 – 1.5 tablespoons of organic, unfiltered and unpasteurised apple cider vinegar – Bragg brand is good from supermarkets, health food shops or online.
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of raw honey (start with 1 teaspoon and increase if desired)
- A few drops of lemon juice to taste
Dissolve the raw honey in a half a mug of warm but not hot water (hot will water damage the enzymes and vitamins present), cover and leave overnight for the enzymes present in raw honey to activate.
In the morning add apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to the mug or cup, add honey and fill it with warm water. Mix well and have first thing in the morning around 20 minutes before breakfast for best cleansing effect and digestive support.
Important: It’s best to start with 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a glass of water, and increase the dose, as you go.
You may need to get used to the taste at first but your taste buds will adjust pretty quickly. If you wish, you can split the drink into two glasses, and fill them with warm water for a milder taste.
That way you will up your daily water intake and quickly cleanse the digestive system, including the liver, effectively removing the toxins after the body’s overnight repair and restorative work.
Health improving effects of this amazing drink include:
- Lowers blood pressure by promoting vasodilation (widening of blood vessels)
- Improves overall gut health and supports good bacteria
- Provides live enzymes that markedly improve digestion
- Promotes gentle systemic detoxification daily – important function because of the daily pollution we are exposed to
- Stimulates circulation – effective for cold hands and feet
- Boosts energy and decreases fatigue
- Slows down ageing by speeding up toxin removal and improving skin health and appearance
Start having this health promoting drink daily for at least three weeks and feel and see the difference!
Main benefits and uses of apple cider vinegar
- It supports and optimises digestion by stimulating bile flow from the liver and pancreatic enzymes secretion, resulting in less bloating, indigestion, reflux or flatulence.
- Reflux relief – it works by correcting low acid, hence reducing heartburn. You should begin to feel relief shortly after taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar followed by a glass of water. Note if you have an ulcer, apple cider vinegar won’t give relief.
- Helps to decrease fat storage in the liver, decreasing a risk of developing fatty liver – a condition related to high insulin levels.
- ACV helps to remove glyphosate (Roundup) from the body – according to Professor Don Huber there are only a few foods that can help remove Roundup from the body including apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut and kimchi. This is of key importance today as our food and water are polluted by glyphosate which is hard to remove. Read an interview with Prof Huber HERE.
- Helps with allergies because of its ability to reduce mucous and sinus congestion, as it helps to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanse the lymphatic system.
- Help prevent fat storage anywhere in the body by improving insulin sensitivity thus reducing insulin resistance and the risk of diabetes.
- Helps to remove warts – soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar, then fasten the cotton ball over the wart with a band-aid overnight. Repeat a few times, as needed, until the wart falls off. Then continue the treatment for a few more days, to make sure the wart doesn’t return.
- Removes stains from teeth – rub teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- pH balancer – apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level for inner balance and better health.
- Repels fleas on your pets – this is my friend’s recipe that he swears by: take one part vinegar and one part water, mix well and spray on your pets fur and rub it into the skin. Saturate the entire coat, continue every day for a few days to a week. This procedure will also result in shinier and healthier fur!
How and when to use apple cider vinegar
You can take ACV 5-10 minutes before meals to stimulate stomach acid for better digestion, especially of proteins. Start with 1 teaspoon in a half glass of warm water for a few days, increase to 1 tablespoon (or more) per 1 glass of warm water.
The other option is to have ACV after dinner to stimulate bile and digestive enzymes secreted in the small intestine and pancreas. You can also add lemon juice to further help food moving through the digestive track. Lemon juice also supports the liver and is rich in vitamin C which helps with constipation.
Free Sleep Guide download
Having trouble sleeping? Get the most important, simple and common sense steps you can do right now to get sounder and more restful sleep tonight: download my Top 3 Nutrition Tips For Better Sleep Tonight!Key nutrition tips for insomnia PLUS my top 3 bedtime snacks for deeper and restful sleep
What will you gain from this guide?
If you’re currently suffering from insomnia and/ or interrupted sleep, especially if they are related to fatigue, adrenal fatigue, anxiety or hypoglycemia, this guide will provide you with what you need to do to sleep better.
Download the Top 3 Nutrition Tips For Better Sleep Tonight! Free Guide here and start sleeping better tonight!
Holistic Health and Lifestyle Therapist
Natural and Lifestyle Solutions for Abundant Health and Wellbeing
Check out other posts here:
- Drinking coffee: pros and cons from a medical perspective
- Holy basil: a key herb for stress, anxiety, depression and fatigue
- Magnesium for anxiety, stress, high blood pressure and muscle pain
- Top bedtime and late night snacks ideas and recipes
- Psoriasis: a holistic approach to recovery
Joanna Sochan is a Natural Therapist and founder of Naturimedica Holistic Health & Wellness. She has a passion for helping her clients transform their lives by becoming healthy and well naturally. Joanna has 10+ years experience in clinical practice and has special interest in solving complex cases, functional medicine, gut health, sleep, fatigue and chronic pain. Joanna guides her clients through her programs and eCourses as well as helping clients individually, mostly online, Australia-wide. View full bio.
Print This Post