This drink will help with detoxing and cleansing the gut, lowering blood pressure and having more energy
Honey and apple cider vinegar each have many healing properties and when combined the benefits are even greater (read about apple cider benefits and uses below).
They are rich in potassium which regulates heartbeat and muscle contraction and thus normalises blood pressure. Both ingredients improve digestion, support friendly gut flora, improve energy and stamina and have a gentle cleansing effect.
This healthy and tasty drink is super easy to make and it takes little time to prepare when you have the ingredients handy.
- 1 – 1.5 tablespoons of organic, unfiltered and unpasteurised apple cider vinegar – Braggs brand is good
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of raw honey (start with 1 teaspoon and increase if desired)
- A few drops of lemon juice to taste
Dissolve the raw honey in a half a mug of warm but not hot water (hot will water damage the enzymes and vitamins present), cover and leave overnight for the enzymes present in raw honey to activate.
In the morning add apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to the mug or cup, add honey and fill it with warm water. Mix well and have first thing in the morning around 20 minutes before breakfast for best cleansing effect and digestive support.
Important: It’s best to start with 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a cup/mug of water, and increase the dose, as you go.
You may need to get used to the taste at first but your taste buds will adjust pretty quickly. If you wish, you can split the drink into two glasses, and fill them with warm water for a milder taste.
That way you will up your daily water intake and quickly cleanse the digestive system, including the liver, effectively removing the toxins after the body’s overnight repair and restorative work.
Health improving effects of this amazing drink include:
- Lowers blood pressure by promoting vasodilation (widening of blood vessels)
- Improves overall gut health and supports good bacteria
- Provides live enzymes that markedly improve digestion
- Promotes gentle systemic detoxification daily – important function because of the daily pollution we are exposed to
- Stimulates circulation – effective for cold hands and feet
- Boosts energy and decreases fatigue
- Slows down ageing by speeding up toxin removal and improving skin health and appearance
Start having this health promoting drink daily for at least three weeks and feel and see the difference!
Other key benefits and uses of apple cider vinegar
- Helps to remove glyphosate (Roundup) from the body – according to Professor Don Huber there are only a few foods that can help remove Roundup from the body including apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut and kimchi. Read an interview with Prof Huber HERE.
- Helps with allergies because of its ability to reduce mucous and sinus congestion, as it helps to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanse the lymphatic system.
- Reflux relief – it works by correcting low acid, hence reducing heartburn. You should begin to feel relief shortly after taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar followed by a glass of water. Note if you have an ulcer, apple cider vinegar won’t give relief.
- Effective to remove warts – soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar, then fasten the cotton ball over the wart with a band-aid overnight. Repeat a few times, as needed, until the wart falls off. Then continued the treatment for a few more days, to make sure the wart doesn’t return.
- Removes stains from teeth – rub teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- pH balancer – apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level for inner balance and better health.
- Effective in repelling fleas on your pets – this is my friend’s recipe that he swears by: take one part vinegar and one part water, mix well and spray on your pets fur and rub it into the skin. Saturate the entire coat, continue every day for a few days to a week. This procedure will also result in shinier and healthier fur!
Free Sleep Guide download
Having trouble sleeping? Get the most important, simple and common sense steps you can do right now to get sounder and more restful sleep tonight: download my Top 3 Nutrition Tips For Better Sleep Tonight!Key nutrition tips for insomnia PLUS my top 3 bedtime snacks for deeper and restful sleep
What will you gain from this guide?
If you’re currently suffering from insomnia and/ or interrupted sleep, especially if they are related to fatigue, adrenal fatigue, anxiety or hypoglycemia, this guide will provide you with what you need to do to sleep better.
Download the Top 3 Nutrition Tips For Better Sleep Tonight! Free Guide here and start sleeping better tonight!
Natural and Lifestyle Solutions for Chronic Diseases
Naturopath || Herbalist || Nutritionist || Reiki Practitioner
Check out other posts here:
- Drinking coffee: pros and cons from a medical perspective
- Holy basil: a key herb for stress, anxiety, depression and fatigue
- Magnesium for anxiety, stress, high blood pressure and muscle pain
- Top bedtime and late night snacks ideas and recipes
- How to drink more water and improve your health: Electrolytes
Joanna Sochan is a Natural Medicine Practitioner and founder of Naturimedica Holistic Health & Wellness. She has a passion for helping her clients transform their lives by becoming healthy and well naturally. Joanna is an adrenal fatigue, sleep and gut health expert helping tired, stressed or unwell individuals to regain their energy, sleep better and be happier, more relaxed and calm. Joanna practices in Sydney and Lake Macquarie, and also conducts Skype/phone consultations for clients Australia-wide. View full bio.