Most people with health complaints expect to find or be given a label/ diagnosis of their health condition. What if instead of asking WHAT disease you may have, enquire WHY you have it?
It’s my firm belief, backed by my clinical experience and core naturopathic medicine principles, that true and lasting healing is only possible when the root cause of illness is addressed. By understanding the systems of the body, how they are related and how their functions can be restored, many illnesses can be prevented and even reversed.
I developed the Test, Don’t Guess package after seeing amazing clinical results and resolution of many health complaints in many clients when their basic nutrient deficiencies are corrected. These include too much or too little of key minerals and vitamins such as iron, zinc, selenium, vitamin D or vitamin B12, among others.
Our bodies are highly organised and efficient self-healing systems always striving to function optimally and go back to homeostasis (balance). Therefore healing is really quite simple: give the body what it needs and remove what it doesn’t in order for it to heal itself. Holistic assessment and targeted testing identify what nutrients need to added or subtracted to restore balance and thus good health.
This package is for you if:
Most clients with chronic health complaints bring with them pages and pages of tests they did to find out what’s ‘wrong’ with them. Many of them feel ignored by their health care providers because when their test results are within the ‘normal’ range, they are deemed to be ‘fine’ and often dismissed as there’s ‘nothing to worry about’. In the meantime their imbalances may be getting worse, their symptoms could exacerbate and their condition would likely advance with time.
I work closely with my clients to uncover underlying body imbalances and then formulate a personalised plan to address their needs. The first step to begin the body’s repair process is to evaluate your current state of health and conduct relevant lab tests to check your nutritional status, metabolic parameters and function of the key body systems. The most common tests I refer for and interpret include:
- Blood tests – various blood tests, as required by individuals
- Stool tests – complete digestive stool analysis (CDSA), Faecal Multiplex PCR test for gut parasites, microbiome composition tests (e.g. Genova GI Effects), or microbial assays such as GI Map
- Saliva tests – Saliva hormone test for adrenal function (cortisol and DHEA)
- Urine tests – Organic Acids Test (by Genova lab) is a comprehensive test that analyses many body systems and provides detailed information of current body imbalances. It provides invaluable insights into chronic health conditions of any type
- Hair tests – Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) which measures the levels and comparative ratios of nutrient and toxic minerals found in hair
Working together we’ll uncover your body’s imbalances that keep you feeling sick and tired.
THE TEST, DON’T GUESS PACKAGE COMPRISES:
- Two (2) consultations (75 minutes each) conducted either in person or by phone/ online via Skype/Zoom:
- An initial comprehensive naturopathic health assessment and testing consultation which includes:
- Detailed holistic health assessment covering your current symptoms as well as your health history
- Review and interpretation of the current/past lab test results you have so far
- Review of your current prescription medications, supplements or herbs you’re taking
- Recommendations on what further tests to perform, as indicated by your symptoms
- Second consultation – a follow up discussion to review all data and come up with an action plan to correct your imbalances ASAP.
- Personalised, written treatment plan and recommendations are provided on specific natural treatments and nutrition overview as indicated for your condition(s).
After the second consultation and receiving your treatment plan outline, you have the choice to either commence the treatment with me for an agreed period of time, usually for 3-6 months (check out the Health & Wellness Programs I offer – these will be discussed in detail in order to choose the most appropriate program for you), or not to proceed further at this stage but having a good knowledge of your current health status regardless.
Please note that the cost of lab tests is not included in this package. Some tests can be performed on referral from your GP, other functional medicine tests that are conducted by private functional labs are out of pocket expenses.
Take this opportunity to check for common nutrition deficiencies and imbalances that could be the cause of your current symptoms that negatively impact your health, energy, memory and enjoyment of life.
It could be the health turnaround you’ve been searching for