The material on this website is made available for the purpose of providing information to the public. Every effort has been made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate and current.
The information herein is not designed to replace the expert and individual medical advice provided by your Health Care Practitioner or Doctor. Nor is it intended to directly or indirectly prescribe the use of any supplements and remedies without consent of your Health Care Practitioner or Doctor. Do not make any adjustments to prescribed medication without their approval.
Do not use the information provided here for diagnosing or self-treating a health problem or disease, or self-prescribing medications, nutritional supplements, diet changes or other treatment. Always speak with your healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal, homeopathic supplements, or using any self-prescribed treatment for a health condition.
All material, unless otherwise indicated, is owned by and copyright to Joanna Sochan, FYBliss Pty Ltd t/a Naturimedica. Information from this website and associated files, may be referenced, provided it is fully referenced to Naturimedica and this website (www.naturimedica.com). No information may be reproduced in part or whole without prior permission of Joanna Sochan.
We understand the importance of privacy to clients and users of this website. We highly value the strong relationships we have with our clients and will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) 2014 at all times. This privacy statement outlines how in the context of this website your information is recorded, used and protected. By using the website you consent to the uses mentioned.
1) Information logged
All information gathered on this site will never be provided by Naturimedica to third parties. The personal information we collect about you may include (but may not be limited to) your name, contact details (your email address and telephone number) and Internet Protocol (IP) address. Our server records the information provided by your browser when you visit this website. This includes the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and documents downloaded. It also includes your server’s IP address and if you have been referred to this website from another site, the address of the referring site. We mostly use the information to make this website more user-friendly and useful to visitors and to monitor site use.
2) Information security
We take all reasonable steps to protect your security when using our website but you should be aware that no transmission of information to and from websites is ever totally secure. Naturimedica excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security. We may store your files in hard copy or electronically in our IT system. These may include Australian-based cloud servers or the servers of third parties within Australia.
We implement a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including:
- mandatory password protection on all computers (users are required to change their passwords at regular intervals);
- hardware encryption on desktops, laptops and portable storage devices;
- secure hard copy document, electronic storage media and hardware disposal procedures;
- firewall and antivirus/malware software; and
- systems and application access controls implemented to restrict access to information (on a need to know basis).
We also have a regular review program to test the security measures in place and identify where changes may be necessary or desirable.
3) Access to information we may hold about you
You can gain access to the information we may hold about you by written request. A request for access to the information we hold about you relating to an inquiry about privacy or to lodge any privacy breach complain should be sent to:
4) Complaints process
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing to:
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
You understand and agree that Naturimedica and our practitioners shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses (even if the owners of this site have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the product(s) and or service(s) and or information or any misuse of the product(s) and or service(s) and or information in a manner not in accordance with their intended use.
Naturimedica takes no responsibility for consequences arising from the improper application of information on this website. While we take reasonable care in creating the information, Naturimedica makes no guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information on the site.
Naturimedica does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the site. You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any materials shall be at your sole risk.
7) Information about events, the Website and our services
We may contact you via email, SMS or other means in order to provide you with updated information about the Website, in relation to events or to provide you with other information about our services. If you do not wish to receive any such information, please contact us on email@example.com.
Code of conduct for Natural Medicine Practitioners in New South Wales, Australia
A code of conduct for unregistered health practitioners came into effect on 1 August 2008. On 1 July 2010, the Code was amended and now also applies to the previously registered professions of optical dispensers and dental technicians. As of 1 September 2012, minor changes to the Code were made included in Schedule 3 of the Public Health Regulation. The code including the Notice to Display is available in poster format (A3) in English and 10 community languages.
The intention of the code is to set out the minimum practice and ethical standards with which unregistered health service providers are required to comply. The code of conduct informs consumers what they can expect from practitioners and the mechanisms by which they may complain about the conduct of, or services provided by, an unregistered health service provider. The key aspects of the code are that the health practitioner:
- must provide health services in safe and ethical manner
- if diagnosed with an infectious medical condition, must ensure that he or she practises in a manner that does not put clients at risk
- must not make claims to cure certain serious illnesses
- must adopt standard precautions for infection control
- must not dissuade clients from seeking or continuing with treatment by a registered medical practitioner and must accept the rights of their clients to make informed choices in relation to their health care
- must not practise under the influence or alcohol or drugs
- must not practise with certain physical or mental conditions
- must not financially exploit clients
- is required to have an adequate clinical basis for treatments
- must not misinform their clients
- must not engage in a sexual or improper personal relationship with a client
- must comply with relevant privacy laws
- must keep appropriate records
- must keep appropriate insurance
- must display code and other information (with some exceptions)
- must not sell or supply an optical appliance without proper authorisation