GET TESTED FOR KEY NUTRITIONAL DEFICIENCIES
Most people with health complaints expect to find or be given a label/ diagnosis of their health condition. What if instead of asking WHAT disease you may have, enquire WHY you have it?
It’s my firm belief, backed by my clinical experience as well as core naturopathic medicine principles, that true and lasting healing is only possible when the root cause of illness is addressed. By understanding the core systems of the body, how they are related and how their functions can be restored, many illnesses can be prevented and even reversed.
I developed this short Test, Don’t Guess program after seeing amazing clinical results and resolution of many health complaints in majority of clients when their basic nutrient deficiencies are corrected, such as too much or too little of key minerals and vitamins including iron, zinc, selenium, vitamin D or vitamin B12, among others.
Our bodies are highly organised and efficient self-healing systems always striving to function optimally and go back to homeostasis. Therefore healing is really quite simple: give the body what it needs and remove what it doesn’t in order for the body to heal itself. Holistic assessment and targeted testing will identify what nutrients need to be increased or decreased to restore balance and health.
This package is for you if:
You want to make informed decisions about your health – many who seek my advice are already well-researched and knowledgeable about their condition and want to better understand its complexities and care options.
You feel like you have run out of options – many people seek out naturopathic help when they conclude that modern medicine is not helping them.
You want a solution not symptom management – for most conditions, pharmaceuticals only halt your symptoms without dealing with the root cause. Once the drugs are stopped, the symptoms return.
You want to use natural remedies wherever possible – these have fewer (if any) side effects and are ideal for promoting health and wellbeing.
You need someone to help you understand your symptoms and then commit to taking specific steps to achieve better health
Most clients with chronic health complaints bring with them pages and pages of tests they did to find out what’s ‘wrong’ with them. Many of them feel ignored by their health care providers, when their test results are within the ‘normal’ range they are deemed to be ‘fine’ and dismissed. In the meantime their imbalances are getting worse, their symptoms exacerbate and their condition advances with time.
I work closely with my clients to uncover underlying imbalances and then formulate a personalised plan to address their health needs. The first step to begin the body’s repair process is to evaluate your current state of health and conduct relevant lab tests to establish your nutritional status, metabolic parameters and key body systems. The most common tests I refer for and interpret include:
- Blood tests – various blood tests, as required by individuals
- Stool tests – complete digestive stool analysis (CDSA), PCR test for gut parasites, microbiome composition tests (e.g. Genova GI Effects)
- Saliva tests – saliva hormone test for adrenal function (cortisol and DHEA)
- Urine tests – Organic Acids Test (by Genova lab) is a comprehensive test that analyses many body systems and provides detailed information of current body imbalances. It provides great insights into chronic health conditions of any type.
Working together we’ll uncover your body’s imbalances that keep you feeling sick and tired.
THE TEST, DON’T GUESS PACKAGE COMPRISES:
- Two consultations either in person or online (75 minutes each): an initial health assessment and testing consultation, and a follow up discussion to review all data and information, and come up with natural medicine solutions to correct any imbalances.
- The comprehensive initial assessment (1st consult) includes:
- Detailed holistic health assessment covering your current symptoms as well as your health history
- Review and interpretation of your current and past lab tests
- Review of your current prescription medications and supplements
- Recommendation what further tests to perform, if indicated
Please note that cost of lab tests is not included in this package. Some test can be performed on referral from your GP, other functional medicine tests are conducted by private functional labs and can’t be claimed on your private health insurance, if you have it.
Take this opportunity to check for common nutrition deficiencies and imbalances that could be the cause of your current symptoms that negatively impact your health and enjoyment of life.